Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Polar Express!

We (Dennis, Joan, Steve, and I) took Peyton to The Polar Express in Williams, AZ last Friday.  I've heard so much about it from friends over the years and was super excited that Peyton was old enough to finally take and it just so happens that he's in love with trains!

I prepped him all week by reading the book and on Thursday night, Steve, Peyton and I sat down to watch the movie.  It was fun for all of us!  Peyton especially loved it, I swear he didn't blink the whole time.  He didn't really connect the whole meaning of the movie -- that you can hear the bell ringing if you believe.  If I'd mention the bell, he'd say, "train bell?!"  haha.  But he still loved it.

Friday afternoon we headed up North to Williams.  We stayed in the hotel there, so dinner and breakfast were included.  We ate right away and already Peyton was pumped up just watching all the excitement in the cafeteria -- toy trains were going all around, kids were in pajama's, and the big train was outside.  I don't think he ate a thing!

After dinner, we went back to our room and changed Peyton into his Christmas pajama's.  We walked around outside a bit and then it was time to board the train!!

Once inside, it was so neat.  The whole trip was about 1.5 hours.  We sang Christmas carols, got a cookie and hot chocolate, Santa came aboard and passed out bells, they gave us a golden ticket, and they read the book.  It was the perfect amount of time for Peyton to really enjoy it and not cry for more when it was time to get off.  :)

The next morning we ate breakfast and then walked around.  Peyton had a ball looking at all the trains and tracks.  After that, we headed home!  It was a fun trip and I'm looking forward to doing it again in the years to come.  *One thing I might change up for next time is to do it during the day (our train departed at 7:30pm).  Only because it's still light out and that makes the whole riding-the-train-experience more fun for kids since you can see out the window.  I thought nighttime would be better so it'd be more magical, and it was, but I think Peyton would've enjoyed the train ride more if he could see everything whizzing by.  Nonetheless, it was a spectacular time!

We stopped at the Anthem Outlets on the way home and stumbled upon Santa's Sleigh!

1 comment: